Recently, Taiwan has pique my interest because I see many people postings pictures of their travels there… It was never on my bucket list of “To-Go”to places but when I had an opportunity to go there partly due to work, why not explore right?
When it comes to travelling and I, food is always the most important on my agenda. Even though I am careful of what I eat, it doesn’t stop me from “trying” local food.
Below are a few of my food picks and you should try when you are there:
1. Not sure why Taiwan is so famous for their fruit juices, but it’s a must try! You can add milk into your blend as well
2. Local Beef Noodles – This is pretty awesome hawker food taken by our driver
I am super embarrassed to tell you this but I can’t read or speak mandarin.. a huge handicap in Taiwan.. But, I took the name of the shop for you to google and head there yourself;)
Please order the small bowl because the large bowl is bigger than your two small bowls of noodles!
This is yummy too!
3. Mee Suah – Taiwan is also famous for mee suah, they have stalls everywhere but we went to the famous one at Sze Man Ting called Ay Chung Flour Rice Noodles
Basically, there’s no sitting area.. it’s a sort of snack so you order one bowl, stand up and eat or sit on stools without a table
4. Ginger Tea
Apparently this lady sells it in Malaysia too but it’s more expensive
She sells ginger tea, and also herbal jelly which is oh so yummy!
5. Tofu ice cream – I didn’t know what to expect but it truly tastes like a very cold slab of tofu in your mouth
Personally, I preferred the popsicle to the tofu ice cream but I do suggest you try to just taste it
6. Egg puffs – I only saw these egg puffs at Shifen village (has a railway across it)
This village is famous for letting go of HUGE lanterns into the sky to make your dreams come true
When you are at this village, please try the eff puffs.. it’s delicious!!!!!!!
Worth the wait…
There’s really nothing at this village except the mountainous backdrop and eff puffs.. If you really want to try releasing a huge lantern into the sky, then please visit this village to do it
Well, I hope you will enjoy the food I have chosen for you guys to try… The next update on Taiwan will be on cafes and restaurants to try over there <3
You can also tell me what you think you will be interested to know?